We are pleased to announce a Special Edition of the Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan (JMSJ) on ‘Tropical cyclones in 2015–2016’. Tropical cyclones continue to be one of the most devastating weather systems with potentially severe impacts on human life, the economy and the environment. In particular, the tropical cyclone seasons in 2015 and 2016 were distinguished by anomalous seasonality, unusual tracks, and record-breaking phenomena. They are of high meteorological and climatological interest, and drew significant attention from the public. In this Special Edition, we will welcome any studies on the tropical cyclones during 2015–2016 based on observations, data analyses, and numerical simulations over any time-scales. Submissions on other relevant topics are also welcome.
- Chief Editor: Hironori Fudeyasu (Yokohama National University)
- Co-Chief Editor: Kosuke Ito (University of the Ryukyus)
- Editors: Masaru Inatsu (Hokkaido University), Yoshiyuki Kajikawa (RIKEN), Sachie Kanada (Nagoya University), Masuo Nakano (JAMSTEC; concurrently serving as a secretary)
How to Submit
To be considered for publication in this Special Edition, manuscripts should be submitted using the online editorial system of JMSJ at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jmsj. Please select the “TC2015–2016” option from the “Special Edition” pulldown menu. A JMSJ Authors’ Guide, including the page and color tariffs, is available on the above-mentioned website.
- Submissions open: August 2017
- Submission deadline: March 2018
- End of the review process: September 2018
- Publication: December 2018
For additional details, please contact:
Dr. Masuo Nakano