Announcement from Chief Editor
- Presentation file at JST/CHORUS FORUM: research integrity at JOSS 2022, 8 June, 2022 on the title "How Preprints Aid the Dissemination of Research Results" by Masaki Satoh (2022.6.8)
- The Guide for Authors has been updated (2022.3.29). Add the policy on preprint servers and Jxiv.
- The Guide for Authors has been updated (2022.2.11). Changed the policy of Data Availability Statement (DAS). DAS is now required for articles.
- The Guide for Authors has been updated (2021.3.24). Added "The excessive use of italics should be avoided."
- J-STAGE Seminar presentation file (in Japanese) and movie are displayed (2021.3.19).
Archive page of the 3rd J-STAGE Semina in FY2020 held on 1st March 2021.
- The Guide for Authors has been updated (2020.12.01). The address of the JMSJ office was changed.
- A borchure for introdutciton to the JMSJ channel on J-STAGE Data is released. (2020/11/17).
- The Guide for Authors has been updated (2020.10.22). Definition of research data, code or software and introduction to J-STAGE DATA are added.
- The Guide for Authors has been updated (2020.8.1). Submission of Review Article is now open. Change of acceptance procedure.
- Call for Papers: Special Edition on Typhoons in 2018–2019 (2020.5.12)
- The Guide for Reviewers has been published (2020.1.29).
- The Guide for Authors has been updated (2019.11.18). The change in APC for articles submitted from January 2020.
- The Guide for Authors has been updated (2019.9.3). The policy for the Japanese Abstract is changed.
- Call for Papers: Special Edition on Years of the Maritime Continent (YMC) (2019.5.10)
- Call for Papers: Special Edition on Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM): 5th Anniversary (2019.4.12)
- Selections of JMSJ Editors' Highlight started. (2019.2.22)
- The Guide for Authors has been updated (2019.2.13).
- Guidelines for Notes and Correspondence released (2019.2.13)
- Call for Papers: Special Edition on DYAMOND: The DYnamics of the Atmospheric general circulation Modeled On Non-hydrostatic Domains (2019.1.12)
Information page for "Call for Papers on Extreme Rainfall Events in 2017 and 2018 in JMSJ/SOLA" (by Prof. Tetusya Takemi, in Japanese) (2018.10.3)
- Call for Papers: "Extreme Rainfall Events in 2017 and 2018" in the Special Edition/Collection of Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan (JMSJ) and Scientific Online Letters on the Atmosphere (SOLA) (2018.10.3)
- Presentation file at the J-STAGE seminar by the Chief Editor, Masaki Satoh (2018.9.14, in Japanese)
J-STAGE seminar on 14 Sep. 2018.
- Ten great features of JMSJ: New JMSJ leaflet released (2018.9.12)
- The Guide for Authors has been updated. (2018.9.7)
The length of the manuscripts should not exceed 18,000 words for an Article and 4,500 words for Notes and Correspondence (approximately 60 and 15 double-spaced pages formatted using the JMSJ Word template, respectively). The manuscript should be double spaced in 12 point type, and all pages and lines must be numbered consecutively. The word limit does not include the title page, abstract, acknowledgements, references, tables, or figure captions.
- JMSJ is approved as an Open Access Journal by DOAJ. (2018.4.28)
- The Guide for Authors has been updated. (2018.4.17)
- The Guide for Authors has been updated. (2018.1.19)
- JMSJ Award 2017 (2017.12.19)
- Modernizing the distribution of JMSJ (2017.12.15)
- Open Access Policy has been announced. (2017.8.31)
- The JMSJ Award 2016, Japanese report has been updated. (2017.5.27)
- Announcement of the switch to fully Open Access publication in 2018(2017.4.17)
- JMSJ questionnaire: Modernizing the distribution of JMSJ for B and C members (2017.2.21)
- A section of Research and Publication Ethics is added on the instructions for the authors (2016.3.18)
- The Guide for Authors has been updated. (2016.2.5)
- From 2016, authors who have published a JMSJ paper as first author will receive a 50,000 yen discount on the page charges of any manuscript submitted within a year of its publication date; if a paper is published in the December issue of 2015, the targets are papers submitted by the end of December 2016. Authors should request this reduction of page charges in their cover letter. (2016.1.14)
- The JMSJ cited alert service began with the first issue in 2014 (Vol. 92, No. 1). E-mails are sent to the corresponding author of papers that are cited in JMSJ papers. Only references published within 10 years are included. (2014.9.1; updated 2015.9.1; updated 2016.4.1)
- Since the October issue of 2013 (Vol. 91, No. 5), the additional page charge for the Japanese abstract has been reduced to 2,000 yen per page. (2013.9.18)
- Since the June issue of 2012 (Vol. 90, No. 3), the color page charge has been reduced to 21,000 yen per page. (2012.4.13)
- A Japanese abstract is now available as supplementary material for each paper published since Vol. 91, No. 1 (2013). The Japanese abstracts are also available on the Tenki website.
- Editorial, 2021, Vol. 99, No. 1
- Editorial, 2020, Vol. 98, No. 1
- Editorial, 2019, Vol. 97, No. 1
- Preface for Special Issue on Meteorology and Climate Change Studies by Using the Geostationary Meteorological Satellite Himawari-8, 2018, Vol. 96B
- Preface for Special Issue on Tokyo Metropolitan Area Convection Study for Extreme Weather Resilient Cities (TOMACS), 2018, Vol. 96A
- Editorial, 2018, Vol. 96, No. 1
- Editorial for the Special Edition on Contributions to Asia Oceania Atmospheric Sciences
- Editorial, 2017, Vol. 95, No. 1
- Preface for Special Issue on Research on Dynamical and Statistical Downscaling Approaches around the Asia-Oceania Region, 2016, Vol. 94A
- Editorial, 2016, Vol. 94, No. 1
- Preface for Special Issue on the Coordinated International Field Campaign in 2011-12 on the Madden-Julian Oscillation, 2015, Vol. 93A
- Editorial, 2015, Vol. 93, No. 1
- Preface of the Special Edition on AICS International Workshop on Data Assimilation (2014, Vol. 92, No. 6)
- Preface of the Special Issue on SKYNET (2014, Vol. 92A)
- Editorial, 2014, Vol. 92, No. 1
- Editorial, 2013, Vol. 91, No. 1
- Preface of the Special Issue on Japan-China Meteorological Disaster Reduction Corporation Research Center Project (JICA/Tibet Project) (2012, Vol. 90C)
- Preface of the Special Issue on Downscaling Studies for the Impact Assessments of Climate Change (2012, Vol. 90B)
- Preface of the Special Issue on Recent Development on Climate Models and Future Climate Projections (2012, Vol. 90A)
- Editorial, 2012, Vol. 90, No. 1
- Preface of the MAHASRI special issue (2011, Vol. 89A)