Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan (JMSJ) is an international, peer-reviewed, and open-access journal for the publication of research in areas of meteorology.
10 Great Features of JMSJ
Browse JMSJ archives (Open Access)
Quick Start for Authors!
Submit your work to JMSJ!
J-STAGE Data(Click here to download the brochure)
Most Accessed Articles in 2022 New
Most Accessed (Vol.100 April) have been announced.
- Most Accessed in April 2022.
Most Cited Articles in 2021 ( 20 January 2022 )New
Most Cited (2021 summary) have been announced.
- Most Cited top 50th since 1968
- Most Cited top 50th since 2000
- Most Cited (more than 4 times) in 2021 for 2019 and 2020 ariticles
- Nguyen, T. H., K. Ishijima, S. Sugawara, and F. Hasebe, (2021): Application of a nudged general circulation model to the interpretation of the mean age of air derived from stratospheric samples in the tropics. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 99, 1149-1167.
The age of air is a transport characteristic of the stratospheric general circulation. Vertical profile of the age of air estimated from cryogenic air samples taken over Biak, Indonesia is investigated by applying the boundary impulse evolving response (BIER) method and Lagrangian backward trajectories to the transport field simulated by a general circulation model nudged to reanalysis.